Monday 15 April 2013

Time is Flying Away, And I'm Sewing As Fast As I Can

Busy busy bee trying to get everything ready and sorted out early for my next fair in July. It's going to be a lovely day at Margam Orangery where Hubby and me got married, and I'm really looking forward to spending the day in such a pretty place with the stunning gardens around us.

I've no idea what's been happening lately as I never seem to have enough time to do all that I want these days. All day every week day at the day job and my nights sewing up a storm. Then the weekend comes around and I think that I'll have loads of time and make loads of plans and then there's the chores and errands to run :S I need to claim me a day for dollies and get some period drama's on to keep me company. Maybe I'll have to talk Hubby into a night out with the boys so I don't annoy him :)

My Alice and The White rabbit is all finished and listed in my Etsy shop - https://www.etsy.com/shop/NatashaMorgan?ref=si_shop
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll is the favourite book of many of us all over the world. The wonderful characters and strange tales inspired me to make these two little dolls, and I always find myself returning to Mr Carroll’s books again and again.

We meet Alice sitting on a sunny band with her sister, bored and looking around her for something more interesting to catch her attention. Suddenly she sees a White Rabbit – A talking rabbit with a waistcoat and pocket watch rushing away to an appointment he was very late for. I love the imagery of Alice’s strange fall through the rabbit hole chasing the White Rabbit. Landing at last in a strange room with a tiny door, a table with a key and a bottle of strange liquid marked “Drink Me); and a small glass box hidden underneath with a small cake inside marked “Eat Me”. Such a wonderful story from a great writer.

Alice wears pretty lace trimmed underwear with layers and layers of frills. Her blue dress is made of pure silk, and she has an apron of white cotton trimmed with more lace. In her white blond hair she has a small white bow, and a small bottle of strange red liquid marked “Drink Me”. The White Rabbit has been hand sculpted and has movable arms. His copper brown waistcoat is painted with a shimmery paint and he has a purple satin bow tie. His watch-chain hangs from his pockets, and in his hand he carries the key to the Queens garden.

I've also been working to finish my Queen of Hearts and now have her all dressed and just in need of her crown and sceptre, and the plate of tarts that I want to make her :)
She's looking rather pretty in her red silk and satin gown trimmed up with gold lace and black and white check ribbon frills.

My Queen has layers of white underwear with lots of lace frilling under a red petticoat with white polka dots and more lace frills. Over a bright red satin underskirt decorated with a heart motif she has a dark red silk over-skirt with a train at the back with a matching decorated heart and wide border of gathered spotted silk at the hem. She has wide puffy sleeves trimmed with lots of frills, and a tight bodice.

Although she's not yet quite finished I've been really very lucky to have found her a home already. Once she's done she'll be off to the lovely Dominique in Australia :)

What am I working on now? Let me think what's next...
I found a very sweet little brass cauldron in a thrift store that has a tiny Welsh lady on the front so I want to make a Welsh Witch with a proper Welsh hat to go with it. I'm not sure which one she'll be yet, but I've started her undies and am planning on wide skirts and a blouse with a shawl to keep her warm.
Then I need to make me some peg dolls and make Sarah her April and May peg dolls. As well as getting started on my Anastasia now that I have the perfect peachy pink silk for her dress. And I also want to make another Jack The Ripper, and...
No wonder I have to time! I have way too many ideas to keep up :S

No comments:

Post a Comment