Monday 10 September 2012

Beth Beautiful In Silk

Just a little post this week, which doesn't really show the amount of stuff I've managed to get done this week.
Unfortunately the pictures I wanted to show you of my new sculpts in progress with have to wait as the sky has been grey and dark all day. And the rain very persistent!

I finished off Beth's shift and got it fitted for her. The embroidery looks really pretty around the edge of the silk. And I decided against a sewn hem edge as it just didn't sit right. I made her sleeves extra wide so they look a bit puffy. But I want to make sure that the slashed outer sleeves she will have will have enough underneath to support them.

The beautiful duck egg blue brocade silk that she's sitting on here will be her outer dress once all her petticoats are finished. I got it from a lovely lady in China through Etsy and am just thrilled with it. I can't wait to see her wear it.

I have an under-petticoat made for her, and am half way through a second in stiff cream striped silk. It's so nice to sew in such gorgeous fabric.
Tomorrow I start on her corset so i can them fit her skirts. Then a bright red silk petticoat that I found stunning hand woven silk sari edging for. I'm making sure Beth has the best of everything :)

I've spent a lot of time this weekend sculpting a big batch of new dolls for all the people that are running around inside my head. And I have a custom order and two or three Christmas dolls to make ready for the next Fair in Cardiff in Oct. I love being busy making dolls. i hope i can keep up with the pace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment