Monday 10 February 2014

Big Huge Dolly To-Do List!!!

This has gone way too far L
 
I’ve let things pile up and now have loads of unfinished projects just staring at me accusing me of being a lazy cow. And I really have been busy.
My problem is that I always give in to new ideas. You know the type that just fill up your brain and hang on tight, not letting you concentrate on anything else. Those. I’m useless at setting them aside until their turn comes around and have stopped in the middle of things far too often.
Well, it’s time I put it all right.
 
My first To-Do list was very scary. I put in much too much detail and every little thing until I had a huge list and didn’t know where to start. So I re-wrote it trying to be kinder to myself, giving me more space to imagine and create rather than getting too bogged down in the details of every little thing. And after feeling lost and directionless for weeks I think I’ve finally cracked it. I even got two dolls finished this weekend and have got a lovely week planned out to get other things done too.
 
 
To-Do List
-       Sew Red Harrington a shawl and a hat, decorate her scrimshaw leg and get all her details finished (Done J)

-       Finish Lucrizia Borgia, add jewellery and chatelaine (Done J)
-       Order prints for mag submission before Photoshop voucher runs out.
-       Take better pics of Bella Appliqué as old ones rubbish (done a bit better but still need sun :S)
-       Find and order flesh fabric for appliqué paper doll experiment (Done J)
-       Draw up appliqué paper doll experiment (half done)
-       Draw up appliqué portrait idea of Lilith, girl in Sunflowers (Done J)
-       Start on Lilith
-       Add beading to Katrina custom doll for Ashley.
-       Work out who the half finished doll on my shelf should be as she doesn’t like how she’s dressed.
-       Make sure all parts for Queen Victoria are labelled and stored until ready to work on.
-       Underwear and gown for Victoria.
-       Take photos and edit (Done, but still need better ones)
-       Edit pics for Curious Cris (hubby’s shop) (Done)
-       Get idea for Storyteller doll out of head and onto paper so I can think (Done – Can’t wait to start this one J)
-       Work on Project Linda (getting somewhere)
 
I’m so happy I can finally share my Red Harrington and Lucrizia Borgia dolls with you all. I got held up with them both for so many reasons that I never thought I’d see them all done. What with waiting on orders for bits and pieces from all over the world, having to work on things for Christmas and getting myself distracted these poor girls have been looking very dejected and unhappy.
 
Now they are ready to find their forever homes out there in the big wide world, and I’ll be listing them in my shop this week - www.NatashaMorgan.etsy.com
I was hoping for some better daylight to get better photos taken, but the weather report says we are never getting any more sun!!! (Not that it ever shines for long in Wales of course).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment