Sunday 18 January 2015

Woodwork, Taxes And A Commission Doll



Tax Season hit and passed quite quietly this year, and I had it all done out of the way before I knew it. I was very happy after doing all of that paperwork to just relax for a few days and let my head come back to creative things. And I decided I'd get myself started on a new batch of dolls. I'm hoping to soon be able to pick up a miniature pillar drill to help me drill holes in all these wooden arms and legs as every joint needs to be strung together. I normally manage to persuade Hubby into helping me but he gets very fed up after the first 60 or so little bits of wood it's time I got myself some proper tools. Here on my work bench I have mugs all lined up with all the different sized legs, thighs and arms in all sorts of sizes, and a big jar with lots of lollipop looking wooden beads and dowels ready for me to build up into heads and bodies.


I have been doing some sewing, and here on my knee is the Toadstool top for a fairy I'm making my mother for her birthday. The wonderful Cynthia of Fairy's Nest is helping me out with the wings as I've not yet managed to find a solution I like yet when I make them. Cyn's are so pretty and delicate looking with just enough sparkle to match my Fae's dress, which is pale sage green, yellow and gold.



I've also been working on a commission Asylum doll for a lovely lady in the US. She's to be a middle aged lady with a family named Amelia. She's dressed in a chocolate brown gown that has a fine pinstripe, and will have a strait jacket, shawl and bonnet. She hopes soon to move to the nice new modern Asylum where they don't use restraints or make the patients do drudge work or be shut in all day. The new place has gardens and bright clean rooms. She's just hoping her son will agree to pay the extra costs...
I'll tell you more of Amelia's story when she's a little more decently dressed. But for now here are the details of some of her underwear.
PS - Sorry for the phone photos :S My computer doesn't seem to like uploading them from the camera at the mo.


No comments:

Post a Comment