Friday 25 February 2011

The Art of Manipulating Fabric by Colette Wolff

I had to share this book with you, it's amazing!
If you sew at all I'm sure you can find it as useful as I do. It's helped me solve so many problems, reminded me of how to do things, and taught me loads on new things I'd never tried before.
Every page is packed with clear photos, diagrams, and step by step on how to achieve whatever technique or effect you can think of. With all the photo's in plain cream calico in good lighting, so you can see exactly what you need to do.
It's been such a help to me over the years. And my copy is now well thumbed.
I've just used it to learn a cording technique to create a fabric petticoat for my Mary Shelley doll that acts like a hooped crinoline. I didn't think it would come out as well as it has. It even stands on it's own :)
I'll have photo's of it tomorrow when I've given it an iron. But wanted to tell you of this fantastic book first.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my kind of book!
    Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete